It’s been a while since I posted here. A lot has happened since my last post. Currently I am working as the lead solution architect in project building a worldwide Active Directory and mail infrastructure. This time I am focusing on Windows Server 2008, Active Directory and networking.
Another exiting development is the fact that I am selected as a member of the Springboard Technical Expert Panel (STEP)!
STEP is an initiative of the Springboard Series team.
The Springboard Series Technical Expert Panel (STEP) Program has been created to build community and advocacy for a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 launch "by the community, for the community." In an effort to drive global awareness and value of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 through Springboard Series, a program is created that will expand reach beyond typically-attended Microsoft events like Tech-Ed by activating top IT Pro community influencers within the Microsoft, MVP, and MCT communities.
This new program will:
- deliver content across the globe via the advanced technical knowledge from this select "virtual" team of IT pro experts
- offer IT Pros community-created instructional tools and resources for further learning of Windows Client products
- help build a pool of highly recognized influencer evangelists toward the strategy of ensuring that Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are launched "for the community, by the community"
As a member of STEP you’ll probably hear more from me in the near future. The benefits of the program involve:
- Working with the Springboard Team at Tech Ed US or EMEA (I’ll be at both events)
- Being a part of the "Opening Windows" campaign
- Accessing First look seminars at new Windows 7 content before it gets released to the general public
- Worldwide speaking opportunities
- Participate in Virtual Roundtables with Mark Russinovich
- Access to product teams for Q&A at Microsoft events
Unfortunately I will not be in the panel at the Virtual Roundtable event on February 12th, but I’m thrilled to take my virtual seat next to Mark Russinovich.